Which 78 records are most valuable?
Table of Contents
- Which 78 records are most valuable?
- Are Bing Crosby 78 records worth anything?
- What can I do with 78 records?
- What 78 records are rare?
- Is there a market for 78 records?
- What is the most valuable Frank Sinatra record?
- How do I get rid of old 78 records?
- Are there any 78 records that are worth anything?
- Are there any price guides for 78 rpm records?
- How much is a 78 rpm Beach Boys record worth?
- Why are my 1930's 78 vinyl records not surviving?
Which 78 records are most valuable?
Longtime Blues record collector and expert John Tefteller was the winning bidder at $37,100.00 for a super rare Blues 78 rpm record by Blues legend Tommy Johnson. This is highest price ever paid for a single 78 rpm Blues record and one of the highest prices ever paid for ANY record.
Are Bing Crosby 78 records worth anything?
Most 78 RPM box sets, for example, listed on Ebay for the first time have an opening bid of $20, and don't sell. ... Especially grandpa's "rare" Bing Crosby box set. Above, an early 33 1/3 RPM record featuring Bing Crosby. Sold millions then, worthless today.
What can I do with 78 records?
If you have old 78s you'd like to donate, the Great 78 Project will accept your old 78 records and digitize them to post online. But reading their FAQs, it does not appear they will ship those old records back to you.
What 78 records are rare?
Chasing The World's Rarest 78 RPM Records
- Hear a few notable recordings from the 78 RPM era, as picked by guests Amanda Petrusich & Chris King:
- Geeshie Wiley, "Last Kind Word Blues"
- Willie Brown, "Future Blues"
- Skip James, "Devil Got My Woman"
- Blind Uncle Gaspard, "Sur Le Borde de L'eau"
- Sylvester Weaver, "Guitar Rag"
Is there a market for 78 records?
There's a thriving market for classical recordings on 78 – in fact some of the most expensive recent sales of 78s on eBay are of very early (pre-1910) classical works on obscure labels.
What is the most valuable Frank Sinatra record?
What Frank Sinatra albums are worth money?
|Sinatra Special||2-Record Set Stereo Recorded on Capitol PTP-2064 SPCB3492||$15.00|
|(Frank Sinatra Sings) The Select Johnny Mercer||Rainbow Label Recorded on Capitol W 1984||$10.00|
|Some Nice Things I've Missed||Recorded on Reprise R 2195||$8.00|
How do I get rid of old 78 records?
How to Dispose of Old Vinyl Records
- Sell old vinyl records on eBay. ...
- Sell records at a garage sale or flea market. ...
- Place a classified ad in your local paper or in your local area of Craigslist. ...
- Call your local library and see if they accept donations of vinyl records.
Are there any 78 records that are worth anything?
- All 78 records have a value of sorts, pre or post 1950, I own collections and individual recordings around the 1930’s worth hundreds of dollars, the most valuable are the records that are a little different, I sold an Elvis record, his first I beleive for 1000 pounds about 20 years ago, then have sold pre electric records for 30 pounds.
Are there any price guides for 78 rpm records?
- But no price guide tells you what your 78 rpm records are actually worth in the real world. Let's suppose that the people who compile price guides have some real basis for the prices they cite. A price guide may claim that an old record--or Victrola, book, painting, anything--is worth a certain amount.
How much is a 78 rpm Beach Boys record worth?
- It’s a 78-rpm record and is rare because it was one of the first records recorded electronically with microphones amplified by vacuum tubes and then cut to vinyl. It’s valued at $50,000. Vinyls that could be in your stockpile Beach Boys – Ten Little Indians
Why are my 1930's 78 vinyl records not surviving?
- Over the years, the 78s would attract dust and grit, and as the stacked records rubbed against each other, the records would not survive to the present day without looking like somebody had taken a belt sander to them.